Frequently Asked Questions
What questions will I be asked?
Some things to consider:
- What is the length, width and height?
- What does it weigh? If you don’t know, you can give us an estimate, or we can work on the volume.
- Collection suburb
- Delivery suburb
- Is a forklift available at either end?
- Do we need to provide lifting?
- Do you have a deadline?
- For vehicles or machinery, do you have a make and model?
How is my price determined?
If you have long lengths, or unusual shaped items, you may end up paying for unused space on the truck.
Because of the overheads associated with pickup, delivery, administration and managing your shipment, there are base charges that apply per shipment, so the more you send, the cheaper it is per unit.
Can I have a ball park / estimate?
Let us know how much you think you will have to move:
- 1 full pallet space
- 1 cubic metre
- 10 tea chest cartons
Just remember that the more accurate your dimensions and weight, the more accurate our estimate will be. If you think you will have any unusal shapes or lengths, please let us know.
Lengths over 1.49m can attract surcharges.
What can I do to reduce the cost of freight?
- Reduce the volume of your shipment. Are you transporting unnessecary fresh air?
- Combine multiple shipments.
- Increase the size and reduce the frequency of shipments.
- Plan ahead. Can we have more time to deliver your shipment?
- Pack your shipment safely. Paying for freight on something that was damaged due to poor packing is a real waste.